Ride Entry Forms
The Old Dominion Equestrian Endurance Organization hosts three AERC sanctioned endurance rides
(50 to 100 miles) and Limited Distance rides
(25 to 35 miles) each year, plus Ride and Tie competition. Our rides
are sanctioned by AERC, ECTRA, Ride and Tie, and SERA. |
AERC rules and regulations
are primary in all our rides. All other sanctioning associations rules are secondary to AERC and ODEEO rules
Old Dominion Equestrian Endurance Organization rides and events are privately held and are open only to registered participants and their guests, ride/event management, volunteers, and staff.
Entry forms are designed two ways:
- 100% Digital - filled out electronically on your device. All necessary forms (including a scanned copy of your coggins) are attached to an email to the Ride Secretary for submission.
Payment via PayPal or credit card when the digital option is used. Typed names are acceptable on all "Signature required" lines when using the digital form.
- Paper Only - printed, filled out by hand, signed, and mailed in. This method used for payment by check and all other manners of stone age technology.
PLEASE NOTE: Our digital entry is developed by us and everything is kept "in house" - there is NO third party collecting YOUR information for us. Because we
design, collect, and process all our entries ourselves, your data is SAFE. It goes no further than our Ride Secretary and our Treasurer. Just letting you know!
INSTRUCTIONS for digital fill-in forms:
- DOWNLOAD the entry form to your computer, tablet, or phone FIRST and SAVE the form.
- Open the saved PDF entry form in ADOBE READER (or your preferred PDF program) and fill in the appropriate spaces
on the entry form. This form has been
designed to accept your typed info and check marks in the appropriate spaces.
- SAVE UNDER A NEW NAME (like: entry-completed.pdf) the completed form to your computer/tablet/phone.
- IF you selected PayPal to pay your entry, please use your PayPal account to send the ride fee to the email address listed on the entry form, and then save a copy of your receipt.
That PayPal receipt must be attached to the copy of the ride entry that you will email back to the ride secretary. If you used a credit card number all that information should be filled in on the entry form.
- EMAIL back to the ride secretary these attachments:
- Completed and saved 3 page ride entry - the pd file that is under the new saved name you gave it when you completed it - (includes liability and treatment forms which do NOT require your signature to be valid as long as they are part of the on-line form)
- Receipt of PayPal payment (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of negative Coggins test within 12 months of ride date
- INCLUDE in your email the email address, or cell phone number for text, you wish to receive
notification of receipt of entry. PLEASE NOTE that all further
correspondence from the ride Secretary will be done as a blanket email to all ride competitors
so a valid email address is a must.
- RETAIN a copy of your sent documents on your phone or tablet should they be needed at any time while
you are checking in, or already at the ride.
Snail mail entries: Print the form, fill all the pages out by hand, attach a check and
the required documents, make a copy of everything for your records, put originals in envelope, stamp, and mail.
NOTE: ALL equine entries in all our rides, without exception,
are to be wearing four shoes, or the equivalent of hoof protection
which include boots or glue-ons, at the start of the ride.
PLEASE NOTE It is strongly suggested you glue on your boots because
the mountain trails on which our endurance competition takes place are exceptionally difficult on boots. It is your choice to use strap-ons, but please don't say we didn't warn you!
All competitors and their crews are advised to please review
the most current AERC Rules (found on the aerc.org website), especially if competing for the 1st time